Prosperous Way Down Pre-conference
Wednesday January 15th, 2014, from 1 – 5 pm
Held at the H.T. Odum Center for Wetlands
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
This pre-conference is loosely organized by Doctor Tom Abel and is free for 8th Biennial Emergy Research Conference attendees. Proposed topics below, other topics to be determined via self-organization of the discussion.
- Presentation of systems diagrams to illustrate issues
- Reports on descent-related conferences attended
- Reports on ongoing initiatives on a prosperous way down (PWD)
- Reports on strategies for teaching and communicating about PWD
- Report community organization and action about PWD
- Reporting research on PWD
Preliminary schedule for the 8th Biennial Emergy Conference is posted as a PDF here. It is not too late to escape the polar vortex and come to Florida to warm your toes and learn something new about environmental accounting and energy descent! Registration available here.